Thursday, December 12, 2013

she climbs high and hugs the sky


Today, Natasha from Creative Nachos unveiled her project Art From Around the Globe, in which she had twelve of her students (first and third graders) create self portraits in the form of visual poetry, comparing themselves to different animals. Natasha then sent the children's pieces to artists around the world, who used them as idea springboards for their own works. My art partner was Campbell, who is a climber; a hugger; a fearless artist; a lover of green, peace, and hearts. She reminds me much of my older daughter Nina, who lives perpetually in the treetops and finds peace in creating and dreaming. My drawing is dedicated to both of them. The goal of Natasha's project was for these children to understand the impact that their words and art can have on others. You can see all of the pairings here. The power of these children is quite something and I thank Natasha for reminding us how one person can open a new world to the rest of us.

10 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

Cool post!!!

Dana Gaffney said...

I love this! So inspiring and wonderful for those kids, I know because it inspired me :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great project!
Thanks for sharing the link.
Rinda

queencake and titangirl said...

what a lovely idea! hope you are fine, aimee.best from faraway berlin,anja xx

Bella Sinclair said...

Happy Birthday, Queen of Artsyville! You color my soul and fill it with inspiration. Have a super duper wekend! xoxoxo

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

As always your work is so sweet and beautiful. Love the idea and checked all the pairings, really cool! What a meat experience got both the kids and the artists!

Robert Gomez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Ebrahimi said...

I am very excited that I have found your post because I have been searching for some information about it for almost three hours. You have helped me a lot and reading this your article I have found much new and useful information about this subject.

Wishes From
Visit My Site

S.E.Minegar said...

what an amazing project! great interpretation.

Giggles said...

My friend Violette did that as well...love how they all turned out!

Hugs Giggles