Monday, April 28, 2014

wish pillows and a winner



My fixation with making mini things continues -- this time making tiny felt & fabric pillows. I named them wish pillows because that was simply what came to mind first. Each one is about an inch and a half square, fits neatly into the palm of one's hand and looks like a little piece that might be open to listening to a wish or maybe two.

Now it's time for the Right Brain Way Giveaway winner. Well, did you have to make it so hard for me? It took all day to decide who was going to get the book. I went through every entry. Twice. Three times. More. I lost count. I was able to identify in some way with all of the responses; each one hit me in a different emotional spot. Every answer, except for the spammer, would have been worthy of receiving it. In the end, I picked "Always trying" by Jen Niles. I was really taken by her explanation of why she chose those words, and I felt it was such a universal (and helpful) piece of advice. Thank you everyone, and please know that I was really inspired by all of your entries. If you are just stumbling onto this post, I recommend backing up one and reading through them.

Back to the wish pillows -- these go with the little word tiles that I showed a few posts ago, the ones that have an ultimate purpose that I have not yet revealed ;-) I've also made tiny notebooks, carnival tickets Artsyville-style, mini stickers, and other bitty things I haven't shown yet. Within a few days I'll bring it all together!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Congrats to Jen! The wish pillows are divine.

I love them.

Linda said...

congrats to the lucky winner of the book! These wish pillows are adorable Aimee and I can't wait to see more of the colorful goodness you'll be coming up with.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh! Adorable! Hopefully, it's like the Tardis and can hold many more wishes than it appears from the outside. I have lots. And congrats to Jen!

I'm eager to see what you've got cooking with your itty bitty creations!

denthe said...

Your wishpillows are adorable! And lucky Jen!