Thursday, May 1, 2014

surprise balls


Here's the reason for all of the tiny things I've been posting: I’m making surprise balls! I loved opening these as a kid, and since grownups deserve happy surprises too, I’ve re-imagined them Artsyville-style. I'm handing out a bunch as gifts, and I'll put a few in the shop on Monday, too. If you've never opened one before, it's a blast! Starting from the outside, you'll peel away layers of crepe paper, and as you unwind your way to the middle you'll discover a happy, uplifting parade of tiny things -- a mix of handmade Artsyville goodies, inspirational handlettered messages, and other colorful little itty bitty trinkets, trifles, whatchamacallits, doodads, etc. First one is done & now it's time to make more balls!

3 comments:

Michellem said...

Had never heard of this before but it looks so fun! What a great idea!

Bella Sinclair said...

AAAAAAAAAH! This is so CUTE! Yeah, why should kids have all the fun? I love tiny things! Especially tiny artsyville things!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

never heard of them here in South Africa but ANYTHING tiny and cute is adorable :)

Show us.... I'm going to try to make some :)